Presentation of a two year pivotal program which has been organized by the Greek N.G.O. “Action for Human Rights – Pleiades” together with 5 major European Organizations as part of the “GRUNDTVIG LEARNING PARTNERSHIP”.
- FUNDAȚIA UMANITARA RESCUE (Romania)
- I.P.S.S.A.R “K. WOJTYLA” SEZIONE ASSOCIATA DI CATANIA BICOCCA (Italy)
- CASA CIRCONDARIALE CATANIA BICOCCA – AREA PEDAGOGICA (Italy)
- RIMINAALIHUOLLON TUKISÄÄTIÖ (Finland)
- SIIKA- PYHÄJOKIALUEEN KOULUTUSKUNTAYHTYMÄ PIIPPOLAN KÄSI- JA TAIDETEOLLISUUSOPISTO (Finland)
The program is aiming at:
- Improving the levels of psycho-emotional balance amongst prisoners and the quality of relationships between each other.
- Contributing to a better utilization of detention time.
- Improving the relationships between prisoners and detention officers.
- Increasing social awareness regarding the operation of Greek prisons.
The Greek team is responsible for:
· Conducting experiential art therapy and workshops.
· Starting a web-based platform which will inform on issues related to prisons through the portal fylaki.blogspot.com
· Conducting a press conference on the education within the Greek prison system.
· Exhibiting the works created within the prisons during the program “GRUNDTVIG”
EXPERIENTIAL ART THERAPY WORKSHOPS:
The workshop groups consist of volunteer psychologists, sociologists, teachers of various disciplines and art therapists. The workshops are addressed to all prisoners, regardless of age and nationality, in several prisons around the country. The involvement of staff will be considered wherever possible.